CPR

Where can i go to get an professional CPR card?> How can I find out if i have been black balled from the work field. I'm asking because i went to cna school last year and i still can't find a job. Not even in temp jobs. Can someone help me?. Thanks.

hotat43

Asked by hotat43 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I do not know about a professional CPR certification but I got my card through the American Red Cross. I am pretty sure they could tell you where to get training.
    Why would someone black ball you in a field you had not yet entered?
    I rather doubt that is the case, but more likely that there are many applicants for the same job and you simply were not their first pick.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Contact your local Red Cross to get the card.

Have you been called for interviews? If so, you might be able to check back in and find out what you need to do to improve.

It's also quite possible that you're being passed over in favor of people who already have experience. It's a bitter pill but one all of us deal with out of school, in every field. KEEP TRYING.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• "How can I find out if i have been black balled from the work field."OP
    The term for you OP would be blacklisted not black black balled. Black balled refers to a way for members of organizations on the down low to reject the would be members from a club or whatever. But for you to prove you are blacklisted is hard. But to find out out if you truly are being blacklisted, next time you hand in your resume, and they tell you seem to be a good candidate. But when the prospective employer checks your references just before hiring you, then the blacklister is tipped off to where you have applied for work and they are to ding you. Then they change their mind., and hire you after all. The previous employer can always tell the truth, but they can't lie and they can't seek out to destroy their employees.

Also check your laws to see if your state makes it illegal to put someone on the blacklist.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Call your local Red Cross to see where to take a CRP course..
    Job market is tight... Maybe there is something on you resume that employers don't like, maybe you don't interview well... Go back to your schools job counseling center (or equivalent) and ask for some help in this area.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Most health care fields require that you learn your CPR from American Heart. If you get on their website, you can check for CPR training centers in your area. As for getting the jobs, I don't know what to tell you, except to keep trying. Follow up with the places where you've applied to let them know you're still interested. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• The Red Cross will train and certify you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Call your local hospital. Since all of there workers are required to have a CPR certification, they will be about to tell you about classes around your area. I am not working right now but I am thinking about getting my Real Estate license. Maybe taking a class or doing some volunteer work will open some doors for you.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 11:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Red Cross offers classes regularly. Also check out your local YMCA they sometimes offer Red Cross CPR to the public.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• "Most health care fields require that you learn your CPR from American Heart...."

That's not necessarily true, at least here in MA. Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer cert and the American Heart Association Health Care Provider cert are the same course... I have held both at one time or another and I have had no issues renewing my licence or with employment.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Red Cross offers adult CPR, infant/child CPR, and CPR and first aid combos.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2013