If a puppy came running up to you with it's tail wagging, would you flip out?

so in the very early morning (630ish) when nobody is usually up i take the dog out front to use the bathroom and usually don't put her on the leash at that time of day because there's almost always nobody out.

well one of my neighbors who i never speak to had her garage open and was loading up her car or something. when lucy got done going to the bathroom i called her to come inside but she started going over to the neighbor who she could hear talking in her garage. lucy usually listens good but she's very friendly so thats the one exception, and in the 2 weeks ive had her i havent had an issue with her not listening because she's been on the leash or nobody has been outside.

well i chased after her, it was only like 3 houses down, and the lady was like "oh! oh!" as lucy entered her garage. i said "i'm sorry! she's friendly, she won't hurt you." as i ran up to get her. the lady was like "yeah" and jumped in her car, shutting the door. im thinking, are you kidding me lady? i got the dog, picked her up (because she's small, a PUPPY) and walked home with her. needless to say i will always put her on the leash from now on. i know i was in the wrong too, i just think the lady's reaction was stupid and unnecessary. i could understand if lucy was a fully grown 80 pound dog...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Pets

• maybe this woman has had issues with dogs before?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• She's probably afraid of dogs. Phobias aren't logical.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• A lot of people are afraid of dogs. 

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• i just think the lady's reaction was stupid and unnecessary.

What if she has been attacked by a dog before. It doesn't matter that yours is a puppy. Your dog running up to her could have caused those bad memories to come back. My son does this every time we go outside and he sees a dog. He runs to the car and won't come out until the dog has gone.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I don't like small dogs ( even though we have a Maltese, he's the exception.). But that's because I had half nose ripped off by a jack russel when I was 10. But I wouldn't freak out and hide from them especially if I seen it was a puppy, I would have scooped her up for you. Plus who doesn't love puppy breathe n kisses lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I was bit BADLY by a dog,and I still would have dropped to the ground to pet her and love her up!
    I'm not stupid. I can tell when a dog is being friendly or aggressive

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Maybe she was just shocked and caught off guard? It is a weird reaction. My dog has done that a few times and people are always nice. We always have a chat. Maybe she's highly allergic?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• well the thing is that my dog stopped right in front of her garage, and she was further inside the garage. so the puppy didn't actually run up to HER, just up to her garage. i hadn't considered allergies though, perhaps she's highly allergic.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2013

• i would have talked to her but she got in her car lol
    tnm786

• She's afraid of dogs. I would have hugged and petted yours.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2013