My family has fought against both. The question is stated below

Photo: SHARE it if you know it!! ➨ ➨ ➨ http://bit.ly/11nyKyt

Do you agre or disagree.  Just because something is LEGAL, does not make it right?

You do not have to discuss the issues above only the question.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• My family fought in the Civil War. For the south.

I've been fighting for civil rights for decades.

I believe women have the right to affordable, confidential health care even if it sometimes means abortion. And I believe that if they must have an abortion, they shouldn't have to risk death to have one.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• There was also a time, in our not too distant past, when the races could not inter marry

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Ignoring the specific examples, I do agree, BUT I don't think it's the government's job to legislate what is "right" or "moral." People have the right to do things I don't agree with, and SHOULD have the right to do so as long as they are not harming or infringing on anyone else in the process. There are things that are illegal that I think shouldn't be, regardless of whether I think they are right or wrong personally (prostitution, marijuana, etc).

I don't think that the answer, though, in response to the OP, is "fighting against" PP or abortion itself. That is fighting a symptom, not the cause. If we're really serious about making a difference we need to team together to help with better sexual education, more available and affordable birth control, and so forth. In this case, to criminalize abortion would cost more lives and do more harm than good. It wouldn't solve anything. We need to address the CAUSE.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• sealed lip

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Um, okay. Isn't this suppose to be the answers section, where you ask questions? It seems like you are just trying to stir shit up.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Of course I agree that just because something is legal doesn't make it right. That's why laws are added and taken away as our moral beliefs change as well as new information is learned. However, the way you posted this, it seems more like trying to stir the pot rather than have an intelligent conversation about this.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• laws do not define morality, they attempt to, and many morally based laws are good, but that doesnt mean its a default. so i agree that not all legal things are right just as i agree that not all illegal things are wrong.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• eye rollingApples and Oranges.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• The photo is not what is offensive. It's the fact that you posted it along with your statement and nothing else. No "Do you agree or disagree?" or "What do you think?". I still think your intentions where to stir the pot but whatever.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• The premises is just because something is LEGAL, does not make it right.

Do you are agree or disagree?
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2013