Masterbating???

So I read on here earlier that masterbation is supposed to help bring on labor because of the orgasm, is that true??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it brung mine on about 3 years ago... oye!
    Anonymous

• Maybe.
    I just read that you're not supposed to use vibrators when pregnant, maybe thats whats wrong with my little girl J/K
    Anonymous

• i used a vibrater... i didnt know that :0
    Anonymous

• Yes~ it *could* help. Nothing is for certain. But it will add to the possibility.
    If it doesn't work, well... You're not out anything!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It could help but it won't hurt ;).
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Make sure you're doing nipple stimulation, pressure points, drink a bunch of castor oil, take a walk, have a bunch of sex with a guy that cums in you, eat eggplant parmesan, eat spicy food, and use a breast pump and you just may go into labor!
    Anonymous

• Yes it can help and yet it may not. Not all pregnancies are the same and what works for some might not work for you. Nipple stimulation, long slow walks and spicy foods are also recommended to bring on labor. Walking happened to work for me. BTW, you may use a vibrator during pregnancy unless your doctor specifies otherwise due to a high-risk pregnancy. Check out the newest edition of What to Expect When You're Expecting. It has a whole section on masturbating during pregnancy.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Can I drink castor oil, I had a previous c-section and yes I am goin to have a VBAC but wont the castor oil make my contractions alot stronger and harder. I just don't want to increase my chance of uterin rupture.
    Anonymous

• Do you want to bring on labor?
    Or are you just curious if it will?...
    I masturbate & im 33 weeks... it doesnt do anything besides put a smile on my face :]
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I read that before also.
    Your vagina contracting from an orgasm may bring labor.
    I read the same about having sex. Semen has chemicals
    that induce labor.
    I had sex while 1cm dialated and I woke up the next
    morning with contractions.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 10:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009