Does your DH/SO know how to cook?

Has he ever cooked?

My dd insisted she and daddy were going to make my birthday cake this year. He's never cooked anything in his life. Nada.. I'm in the sitting room reading while they are in the kitchen and he comes in to ask my help. He didn't know how to turn the oven on! I busted out laughing at him, even posted it to FB with a pic.

But now that Im thinking about it, it's kinda pathetic that a 53 yr old man doesn't know how to turn on the oven! Does your DH cook? Can he operate the oven?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 3:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My husband is the main cook here, although my breakfasts are better. :)
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 3:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Yup- though he likes to leave a big mess-you know having been used to someone ELSE cleaning up after him when he workd in resturants.
    due to his working 12 hour shifts though, he doesn't cook a lot- but occasionally, he will

my son likes to cook- and bake
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• He doesn't know how to turn on an oven, however, he is good at grilling and making eggs.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Yes sometimes I cook sometimes he does. He doesn't really bake but I'm sure he could if he wanted to.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• He can, and does sometimes. Not as much as I know how to do, but enough to be able to take over for me sometimes, at least, haha.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• He had never cracked an egg either. My 6 yr old showed him how. I'm thinking he needs to learn a few things. Everyone would starve if something happened to me!
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Sounds like it's time for cooking lessons, lol
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 3:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Yes. He's a fairly decent cook. He was 38 when we married, sometime in those 38 years he learned to be pretty self sufficient.

Answer by missanc at 3:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Yep, he does and he cooks pretty good :)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• He could cook if he had to and we wouldn't die or anything from poisoning, but there is no guarantee it will be good.
    He used to make tuna melts a lot, and I apparently asked him to make them too much and he kept adding too much salt or mustard or both and burning them, so I gave up.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2013