Having a hysterectomy

how do i tell my parents without them freaking out.. i mean if i come out an say.... i'm having a surgery.. they will automatically freak out..

how would you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Health

• Hope the best for you, mamma!
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 7:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I'm sure your parents want what is best for your health, so just sit down with them and let them know what is going on.
    Are you having a complete hysterectomy or partial?
    Is it possible to do the hysterectomy using a laparoscopy?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I had a robotic hysterectomy, took my ovaries, my uterus , lifted my vaginal muscles and my bladder...all through a tiny hole on each side of my belly button, and a camera through my belly button..no stitches required and went home the next day.

Answer by older at 5:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• They're adults, you're an adult. This shouldn't be a big deal.
    If you think this will upset them so much, find alternate care for your children.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Why are you struggling to tell them?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• freaking out WHY?

I assume it's necessary yes? Then just tell them...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Hopefully you are doing this the less intrusive way with a robot and no big cut or stitches.....but why would they freak out, this is not done unless it is necessary...

Answer by older at 5:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Well, if you are going to need their help then you should just tell them. Let them freak out at first and then explain that their freaking out tends to stress you out, so they need to get it out of their system and to act normal around you and the kids. The last thing the kids need is people freaking out about their mother's health. They just love you and are concerned about you. Better that than not caring at all.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Just tell them and get it over with.... so they can freak and get over it... then you can get the help you will NEED!! Good luck with it all!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Tell them, answer their questions as best you can, and then say it's time to move the conversation along to something more pleasant. Or don't tell them at all and find someone else to watch your kids.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2013