How do I break my water I m 37 weeks pregnant.

Asked by Sid78 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You don't.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• You don't. You could introduce bacteria and cause an infection that could be harmful or fatal to the baby. Wait for it to happen on it's own.

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• banging head into wall

Answer by kmath at 5:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• O.M.G. Please don't try!

Answer by KTElite at 5:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Let time handle the details for you. You're just along for the ride; you don't get to control this birthing thing.

Answer by Ballad at 5:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• YOU DON'T!!! WHY do people keep asking this stuff... it's so basic that it's scary women don't know the answer to this question!!!

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• You do not rush nature... be patient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Ur not even full term until 38 weeks!!!! If your try and break your water more likely than not you'll end up leaving the hospital wit no baby!!! It's dangerous to try that!!! You only have a few weeks left anyway!! No reason to even try to break ur water

Answer by rachel216 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• It will happen when it happens...for the love of all that is NOT attempt to do it yourself somehow...

WHY do people keep asking this lately?!?!

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I understand wanting the pregnancy to be over. I've been there 3 times. 2 of the times I was a week over due. But I never once thought about breaking my own water.

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS! It's so dangerous. Just wait it out. Keep going to your dr appointments. If dr thinks the baby should come before your water breaks on its own, then he/she will do so safely.

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2013