I have been with my fiance for 5 yrs and still to this day his step daughter in whom is 13 is a trouble maker and is causing me to rethink about staying with her father. Example she lies and just rece

scaredmom31

Asked by scaredmom31 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Do what you feel is best for you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Maybe she's making trouble because she sees that it's keeping you from getting married, and it's her way of asserting control. It's hard to say, your transmission was lost mid-sentence ...
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Mayb get her counciling and therapy?? Idk the situation but do wat u need to
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Recently she stole a car was caught but lady dropped charges.. and then neither parent wants to stand up to her however weve tried grounding taking a cell phone her real mom bought her even counsiling nothing is helping and my fiance tries to do tough love her mother works against him and in the end wealways end up in a fight
    scaredmom31

Comment by scaredmom31 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• This is serious for a thirteen year old. Honestly there isn't much you can do, it's up to her parents to step up. Either you walk away from this relationship or you decide to let her parents parent her and you turn a blind eye to what they do. Either way you're in a tough position.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Do you have kids? That is not a role model I would want my kids seeing, especially since it sounds like there are no/few consequences for her behavior.

Answer by missanc at 6:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• I have one 9 yr old daughter and he has 3 others an older 15 old son who is just perfect to us the two younger 10 and 8 who unfortenatly are great one min then they see there mom and they are complete oppositte it breaks my heart cause i love them all very much but i dont know how to handle all of this
    scaredmom31

Comment by scaredmom31 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• This does not sound like it has anything to do with you as a stepmom. This is just her.
    But she does inerfere with your relationship with your SO.

Answer by louise2 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Beyond frusterated get this instead of punishing the troubled teen her mother takes her to michigan adventures then brings her back to us expecting us to just forget everything and of course he blows it off too..am i wrong but this girl needs major help before its too late i feel like im the only one that sees this
    scaredmom31

Comment by scaredmom31 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• You need to do what is right for you and your DD. If that is breaking up with him. To get away from the stress of his kids. So be it.

Answer by louise2 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2013