Isn't it strange how you can find out how a person truly feels? adult content

I was 2 days late and even though my tubes are tied and we always use protection, there is still that thought that I might possibly get pregnant. My SO was freaking out about it a little even though I told him that I'm so irregular and 2 days means nothing. He was freaking out because we live so far away from each other and he wants to be there for his child (if he ever has one). Then he told me that he wants to get me a ring. We had a long talk about it and he said that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, with or without a baby.

It made me think back to when I was younger and thought I was in love. When I told the sperm donor of my 1st born that I was pregnant, his 1st question was "Are you sure it's mine?" followed closely by "When can you get an abortion?" Obviously I dumped him soon after and the child is about to graduate from high school.

I just think it's strange how you can find out how someone really feels when faced with real life problems.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 10:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• This is the time when you find out what friends are made out of......this is how you should sort them in or out...that was very sweet of your man..he is a keeper.

Answer by older at 8:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Very true! Sounds like he's a good man ... Very werid how we can find out how someone truly feels for us when there is a life changing events weather it be a baby, cancer, marriage and anything in between!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• AWE, sounds like you have a great guy!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• It's when the challenges come that we find out what people are made of, ourselves included. Sounds like you've got a keeper.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• That sounded like a proposal...did you accept?

Congrats you have yourself a great ne
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Aww so sweet maybe it just took that little push to make him realize what he has and wants
    Jordan1800

Answer by Jordan1800 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I"m so happy for you! It's good to see a man step up and also he sounds like he's ready to commit. Congrats!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Thank you all for your kind words:-) It did sound like a proposal to me and I did tell him that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him as well. But it's not official until he gets me a ring. His rule, not mine. I know he's been looking and I know he's been talking to his mom about it (which is good as he has no clue how to do these types of things and really needs her help on this)

Yep, he is for sure a keeper:-)
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2013