Is getting a lump on your breasts during pregnancy normal?

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and noticed the bumps around my nipples are getting more noticeable and bigger.. but there is a lump on my nipple that is harder and darker and bigger then the other bumps.. I know that is is normal to get little bumps around the nipple but is it normal to have a hard, big, soar lump next to all of them? its gotten bigger and is starting to almost look like a bruise. has anyone else gotten this during there pregnancy or know what it is? because I am worried about breast cancer..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I would deff consult your doctor as soon as possible! It's probably clogged milk ducts but better safe then sorry!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Most likely it's merely a milk duct. Lots of strange stuff comes up... and veins are more visible close to the surface during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Talk to your doc, of course, but very unlikely this is cancer.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Google ariole goosebump
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Show it to your doctor. You'll probably be seeing a lot of him or her in the next few months. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• It could be the lactating duct developing but still speak to pmd or gyn it could be serious
    Jordan1800

Answer by Jordan1800 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Yes and no. Mention it next visit.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2013