Less milk at night?

Maybe it's just me but it seems like I produce less milk in the evening and at night. I am going nuts and is there any reason/resolution for this?

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 10:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What you're experiencing is completely normal.

http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html

milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• does your baby eat in the night? if not it's just your body adjusting to your LO's feeding habits.
    Anonymous

• He eats all night! He's only 7 weeks and the last two weeks he's been fussy at night so I started keeping track of his feedings and such. The last two nights though I've noticed it seems theres just not milk there. He pulls away after a few minutes and I can't squeeze even a drop of milk out. During the day there's much more milk.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Mine rarely eats much during the day and is always famished at night.. seriously.. I feed him ever 3-4 hours during the day and every 45 min-1hr at night! At first I thought it was my milk supply but I tested the theory by pumping once during the day and once at night.. same amount of milk... he just wants to eat more often... I have found that giving him cereal helps keep his belly full at night (by night I mean from about 5pm until he goes to bed)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Normal normal normal! Supply drops through the day and is lowest at night. It swings back up in the morning.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009