Why does my mother want my daughters to hate me?

My mother has always been a "problem person." She was abusive to me when I was a little kid. She never disciplined me she just randomly attacked me for no reason when my Dad was gone. I believe in forgiveness. I forgave her and agreed to drive 1500 miles from my home to help her after my Dad died. She was meaner than ever! I kept trying to help her. She got mad at me and left the house. I called 911 for assistance finding her. She told the police that I had a gun and came there "to shoot holes in her head." I have never owned a gun. She got a protective order against me so that I can never return home again. She told the judge that my kids hated me also. I have no criminal record. I don't drink or take drugs, She told them that I was a "drug dealer." The judge had to keep telling her to stop talking out of line in court.. He asked her why a mother would take her own daughter to court. He granted her the protective order. He had none of the things required to grant the order. She gives my daughters money. They don't talk to me now because she will stop the money they get monthly. She had me followed by police to my doctor's appointments. I was searched five times. I went to the police station to ask why they were searching me. I was locked in the police station, thrown down, handcuffed, and taken to jail. It was actually a drunk tank. I was there for ten days on a cement floor by the toilet. I was found unconscious on the tenth day and taken to a hospital. I am alone now. My Dad and his family are all gone now.. I am disabled now and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have dislocated bilateral cervical ribs. The left one is pushing into an artery. I need family now more than ever. How can I survive this terrible situation?

skyingstarr

Asked by skyingstarr at 4:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• How old are your daughters?

Answer by missanc at 5:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Your mother sounds like she needs mental professional heath. Actually, you could all benefit from some professional (family) counseling. You also need to sit down w/ your children & have a long heart-to-heart. There's no way I would turn my back on my mom, no matter how much money was being dangled in front of me. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Your mother is obviously unstable mentally....like mrsmom said you need to have a conversation with your children....I am sorry this is all happening to you, but be certain that everything will be fine, have faith.....

Answer by older at 8:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• You need an attorney, like yesterday. How were they able to hold you for 10 days? Were you arrested and charged with a crime? How old are your daughters?

If they are minors, refuse the money for them and cut off contact with this toxic person. If they are adults, then there really isn't much you can do about the relationships they have with your mom. The only thing you can control is whether you keep her in your life. I would suggest some counseling to help you differentiate loving relationships and toxic relationships and how to move forward with a cut off.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• When I initially read this I agreed with you, that your mother has some serious issues. Further reading gives me pause.

You say he had no grounds to issue a protective order but did so anyway. You say you were thrown in jail for 10 days, found unconscious, etc. What were the charges against you that kept you in jail for 10 days? Did you hire an attorney? Have you filed a lawsuit for the abuse while in jail?

How old are your children (yes, several have asked this, I know) because that makes a difference. Where do they live?

I would work on myself, if I were you. I'd stay away from my mother and anyone else that I don't get along well with. Counseling would seem to be indicated here, for everyone involved.

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I don't see how a jail can hold you for 10days with no charges??!!! They can only hold u for a total for 48 hrs without pressing charges! Something doesn't add up.. Sorry
    As for your mother stay the hell away from her simple! She's obvsly not stable and as for your daughters write them and see if they respond! How old are they??
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• And she was never heard from again...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• You have posted I believe about your PSTD before, I think you should call 211 and ask for someone to help you.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Are your daughters living with your mother?
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• This sounds like a script from a cheesy Hollywood movie. If the story is true, your mother is toxic. Avoid her, the same way you would avoid rat poison or anthrax. If your daughters are adults, there's nothing you can do to keep them away from your mom. If everything you write is as you say, they'll figure out on their own sooner or later that she's psychotic. And if you have a broken rib that is pushing on an artery, you really need to go to the emergency room.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2013