I love how

All summer my kids wake up before 7, usually closer to 6ish. Now the day before they start school they are knocked out and it's 8 here. So I guess I'll ask during summer when do your kids wake up?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 9:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• My kids usually get up around 7-730 bc they go to daycare/ preschool
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• During summer around 8-9. During the school year my oldest is up at 7-730 on weekends, and gets up at 6 on school days.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• My kids aren't in school yet, but they are usually up at 6 sometimes later but not often.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• my kid goes to daycare (even in summers) so it was 7 everyday.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Probably between 8 and 9, but they are both night owls so they would stay up reading. It's usually whenever I can sleep in that they like to get up early. Now that they are a little older they don't usually come in and wake me up.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• in the summer? my son wakes up when he wakes up...noon-ish this summer was about his normal. Now he has to get up at 5 though
    *which means- *I* have to get up at 5 -to make SURE he gets up
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• My 3 yo dd and 4 yo ds wake up around 7:30 when they crawl in my bed for a few minutes of snuggle time. My 15 yo ds wakes up around 8 most days. My 13 yo ds wakes up between 8-9. My 12 yo dd sleeps as long as I'll let her, which is usually around 11.

Answer by missanc at 10:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I remember being like this as a kid. :-) My son goes to camp in the summer so still gets up the same time as he does when he goes to school.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• My kids have been waking up at around 8 am all summer. And, tomorrow we all have to go back to the alarm set at 6:30 am.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Yep, it's uncanny!
    I think JulieJacobKyle posted something similar a week or so ago, about her son who typically wakes early and did so all summer, only to shift right before school started.

My kids get up when they wake up most of the summer. It relates to when they go to bed.
    During a couple of weeks of summer camp (and a week of preschool summer camp for my two little ones) we were keeping to more of a schedule that let them reliably wake earlier. I wanted to keep this going but we really seem to eat late suppers a lot during the summer!
    I have a week left to complete our shift to an earlier schedule overall.
    For my kids it's really just about the amount of rest. They either are early risers or later risers, depending on their overall schedule & how late they went to bed. They aren't harder to get going, or more likely to sleep later, because of school. We do need to get shifted, though.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2013