There is a strange odor in my house, the odor is only in my daughters room, it comes and goes. So me and my daughter changed rooms, the smell is in my old room now, like it's following her. What do?

Before moving to my room, there was no smell and there is no smell her old room now. What can I do to get rid of this odor?

nineneedstoknow

Asked by nineneedstoknow at 10:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have to find the cause of the smell. It is something in her room, clothes, shoes, bedding etc.. Good luck finding it
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• candles, incense, air freshener
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Why is this in Religion and beliefs?

Anyway How old is she? Could it be her person that stinks like body odor, stinky feet, not washing or wiping properly? The smell that comes from my 16yr old brothers room is gag worthy. If the smell moved when she did, it stands to reason that it is Her that has the smell. Get her a new clinical deodorant and stress the importance of being clean.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Get your sniffer out and start exploring

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• If the smell moved with her, then it has to do with her. Check her bedding, furniture, clothes, etc. I don't know how old she is, but make sure she's washing properly, wiping properly after using the bathroom, and if necessary, take her to the doctor to ensure she doesn't have any infections or something that might be giving her an odor.

If it comes and goes, I'd focus mostly on her, though.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Another thought: how does it come and go? Is it like once a month? Not to be gross, but if it only happens once a month, maybe you need to have a discussion about hygiene and periods, if she's old enough for it to possibly be that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Could it be from drugs?? How old is your daughter? If the Oder is coming and going its something that she is or isn't doing! I would be having a talk about proper hygiene and if they Oder is still there after that talk it could be from drugs some drugs give off odera when being smoked.
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Pray?
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Pray the smell away!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2013

• How old is she ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2013