Need help with Mother of the Bride Dress

I've been looking for one but all I've seen have been modeled by these young women that barely look old enough to be getting married let alone have a child of marriable age. Does anyone know of a site that shows REAL mothers modeling the dresses? One that has short, tall, fat, skinny, etc models?

I was hoping to get an idea of what I'm looking for before I go shopping.

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 4:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2013 in Shopping

• http://www.elegantplus.com/Plus-Size-Clothing/plus-size-mother-of-the-bride-dresses.htm

Here's another one
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Did you try David's Bridal, amazon, ebay?

I know what you mean though. I hate it when I'm shopping online just to get an idea for dresses and I click on the "plus size" section and the model is a size 0. Really? How am I supposed to know what that is going to look like on, I don't know, a REAL woman?

Good luck! And remember, the people that design formal wear put the wrong size on everything. I remember the 1st time I had to wear a formal gown and it was a size 24. At the time, the pants that I wore were a size 16. My mother explained to me that the size was the size of the clothing and not the size of me. Makes shopping that much less depressing.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I found this site. Hope it helps.
    Your request is very hard, lol.
    a lot of the pics I found look like the women should be standing on a street corner o.0

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Good ideas already, but think about dresses with a V neck (most flattering) and something that has waist accent or that you can wear a pretty belt with. Emphasis the smallest part of you which is usually the waist or just below the bust (no matter what size you wear). Stay away from shiny fabrics. Dresses with a jacket are also flattering, but sill accent the waist. You can also Google mother of the bride dress with one of your terms......short, tall plus......with it. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• theknot has everything you can imagine. Just update your virus software before you log on.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 6:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Maybe try Anne Taylors and see if they have anything fancy?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Just don't wear white, ivory, or black.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2013