I'm a little nervous..

Tomorrow I'm having a mole type of thin removed. I've seen three des all of which want whatever this is removed but non know what it is. The last dr said she thinks it looks like a spitz nevus (which is nothing to worry about). But she wasn't a actual dr. She is sending me to a lab where they will just remove it and make sure it's not cancerous.

No kids allowed and my dh is away so I lined up a sitter but now I'm a tad nervous about this mole (thats just what I'm calling it)

Anyone ever need moles removed ? Was it done by laser or knife? Mine appeared out of the blue. Nothing was ever there until like 7 months into my pregnancy when it got big and looked almos like a blood blister then slowly healed and shrunk down and kinda looks like a spits nevus (use google images small pink thing)

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 7:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2013 in Health

• Yes, I had one removed. They numbed the area and then used a scalpel. I just look away at times like this....giving blood, etc....I think of the errands I need to run, groceries I need to get, etc, etc. Much easier that way for me. GL!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Best of luck to you. I'm sure it will all be quick and easy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I have not. Good luck to you sweetie. Let us know the results.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I had a couple removed years ago. Mine were done with a scalpel. If I remember correctly he injected the site to numb it as well.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• It is no big deal. I had one removed, they numbed the area and then cut it out. Are they just biopsying it or are they removing it? If it is just a biopsy they just scrape part of it off and it takes seconds. If they are removing it they will cut it out and it takes a little longer, but still not very long at all.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• They will numb the area & you won't feel a thing. A biopsy is automatic whenever something is removed. I had a lypoma (sp?)removed & the cauterizing part was a bit unnerving b/c of the smell of my own flesh burning. But other than that, no biggie. Relax, you'll be fine.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Kk thanks ladies. Knowing now What it will be like has
    Helped the nerves a bit. Im not even bothering to worry about results until they are in lol
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2013