Is there a remedy for my dog to stop having stomach issues? Could be indigestion or food sensitivity, not sure. Please help!

My dog went out to poop. I wiped his behind and there was a red residue that smells like fish. He is weak and his stomach is gargling. He does not want to eat or drink. Pet Supermarket has been giving him Signature "Trout and Salmon" dry food. We never change his food since adoption 6 months months ago, but it seems that the issue is getting worst. Any advice you can give will be much appreciated. Thank you very much

tcadams1965

Asked by tcadams1965 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2013 in Pets

• I'd get him to the vet
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• My dog seems to have allergies to everything. She's done the best, though not perfectly, on Hills Prescription ZD Ultra. It costs about $85 for 25 pounds.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Take your dog to the vet w/ a stool sample.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Vet visit will give you the most accurate answers. If he isn't wanting to eat or drink then there is something wrong. Don't wait and hope that it goes away.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• you really need the advise of a vet on this one.... have to find the cause first!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• you wipe your dogs butt?

I would take him to the vet
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• vegetarian diet or 'raw" diet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• We have always fed our dogs lamb and rice dogfood. If they have diarrhea we pull their food up for 24 hours, and only give water. If after 24 hours they still have diarrhea I then call the vet and go from there. If you change food too often it can give them stomach problems. If you're really worried then call the vet in the morning, and have your dog looked at.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Try buying GOOD food. Like Blue Buffalo.
    Cheap foods are literally poisoning dogs.
    Call your vet ASAP.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• It could have nothing to do with the food or it could have everything to do with it. The first step is to take him to the vet to make sure there isn't something else at play, Giardia, camplobactor(sp?), parasites. If that's not it, then start looking for other causes.
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2013