Something disturbing I saw in the public parking lot today

So i was at the strip mall today doing some shopping. I walked out of Macy's and was going towards Bed Bath & beyond and I see an African-American woman. In her mid-thirties, talking on the phone. Extremely well dressed. And when i walked past her I overheard her conversation, I could tell from the way she was talking that she seemed like a very educated woman. Anyways, so her son who looked no older than 7 was standing there by a car (like 2 feet away from her) and peeing on someone's car tire !!!!!!!! The worst part was the car was parked at the disabled parking spot. How sad is that?
I took a double take and actually stopped in my tracks. That is a really nice mall. I have never seen anything like this there before.
She didn't see me looking at them. The kid however saw me and looked kind of embarrassed and scared at the same time. She was like, "okay Ty, you done? Hurry up let's go" and then went back to talking on the phone. They walked in Macy's which was like what...20 feet away from that spot?! Hello!! there are restrooms in stores like these!!
That got me thinking. If that were my car, what would I have done? took pictures of the kid doing that? and then mom's pictures? how would i track her down after that? do you even report this kind of stuff? She was double my size, so i would definitely be intimidated! lol. i mean what if she lunges at me if she sees me taking pics of her kid?
In short, if you were in my place, and a mom is purposely making her kid pee on your car. what would you do?

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• Teaching children good and respectable values is no easy task for anyone. Nevertheless, this is a vital part of our duty as a society of people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• How was their race relevant?
    that's ridiculous since the stores have bathrooms

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Why did you need to mention her race?

I wouldn't have done anything. Yes, it was silly considering that bathrooms were nearby. But in the grand scheme of things, it was pee. The world isn't going to end.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I could care less if they were purple. She should have NOT let him pee on a car tire. He's not an animal, and it's illegal to expose yourself in public no matter the age.

A friend of mine pulled over on a long road trip to let her boys pee on the side of the road, a cop pulled up behind her a wrote her a ticket for indecent exposure because of it..... So I would have called the local police and let them handle it. They could have went in, and talked to her about it, but you would have had to be there as well, so it's a choice you would have had to make.... I would have called and reported her, the little boy shouldn't think it's okay to pee on someones car.... IMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I would not have said or done anything.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Right even if it was my own car.

If I saw her grab her child in his collar, curse him and tell him she was not walking alllll the way into the mall so he can pee so he better pee right there, than there is an issue. But for me I am not bothering someone if they are not bothering or harming me or someone else.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• If it were my own car I would have been like excuse me! What do you think you're doing.. but what can you do when it's not your car, not your kid?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I would've said something to someone in the store.. Report it to someone. I wouldn't take a pic of the kid peeing though because him having his private out and u snapping pix could open a whole different can of worms. Of it was my car I'd call the cops and write
    Down her plate number.. If she went to fight me I'd hide
    In my car lmao
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 10:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I would NEVER take a pic of someone else's kid like that. You could get in all kinds of trouble. That is disturbing that the mother allowed her child to go outside when they were feet from a restroom. That's just not right. And to pee on someone's car is just disrespectful to say the least. But yeah, I agree with butterfly, race is irrelevant in this story. Ignorant pigs come in all colors.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Disturbing? A big exaggerated there...
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2013