Have you ever fished?? Where and what kind did you catch??

How old were you. What was it like your first time fishing?? Did you bait your own hook. Did you let fish go or id you cook it for supper. Just question ideas. I love to fish.

butterflyrose11

Asked by butterflyrose11 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Our boys love to fish, they like to catch bass, bluegill, crappie... I've taken them to a local place that has 3 lakes they can fish in. They also go to the strip mines with their bio dad where he lives.
    I like to fish if the weather's nice. I can bait a hook, but our boys do it for me. They also take the fish off. They're a couple of little fishermen.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I went when I was little with my pop-pop, and then later in life I'd go with an ex-boyfriend of mine who liked to fish.
    I'd bait my own hook with power bait, never a worm. YUK
    Mostly just trout fishing.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• When I was maybe 7-8 I went with my Grandma a few times to a local lake. Don't remember if I caught anything. When I was maybe 13 my friend and I caught some smal fish off of a dock in the bay. Don't know what they were, we tossed them back.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I've only been twice, to 2 different lakes in California. The only thing I ever caught was a sunburn, and no, I didn't bait my own hooks. I was 8 both times.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• Last time I fished was in Lago di Fimon in Longare Italy in 2010, they were trout and we didn't have our own poles so we rented from the little stand they had, it was a long pole and a line, no reel, you just yanked it up!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I went once as a teen - and I cried when a fish was caught and it died...and another was caught and then thrown back after fighting to get the hook off it

NOT my thing.

I remember my grandpa cleaning them when I was a kid. I always thought it was GROSS. He LOVED fishing and caught a really big one that got a story int he newspaper and it hung on the wall until he died
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I've been fishing since I was knee high to a tadpole as my grandfather would say. I have caught so many different kinds of fish I can't even name them all. I bait my own hook and take the fish off. I don't eat fish though so whoever is with me gets the honor of scaling and cooking the things. I love fishing!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• I fished at summer camp a few times as a kid. The most memorable thing I ever caught on one of those trips was a fishhook through my cheek, thanks to some kid swinging his pole and line around while we were all waiting for our spots at the pond. The nurse had to pull it out; luckily it was a hookwithout a barb.

I went a few times in the Colorado mountains with my ex, who was an avid fisherman. And just in case anybody gets all weirded out again about my supposed tall tales, I didn't bait my hooks and I didn't take the fish off. I left those gooey jobs to my ex. We often ate what we caught; there's nothing better than fresh rainbow trout wrapped in foil and cooked in a campfire. I never thought it was quite as good once we brought it home and froze it. We'd cook it in the oven, but I always thought it lost something in the process.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• When I was little we fished at the lake where my grandparents and great grandparents lived. I caught perch. My brother would catch sucker fish and a few catfish or rainbow trout. I have been fishing with my DH and we would fish in brackish water and I caught all kinds of weird crap. We were fishing for flounder and would catch those, but I would also catch the occasional crab, turtle, toad fish and some weird looking fish that looked like it had wings or something. Wish I could remember what it was called. Even DH, a lifelong fishing enthusiast, didn't know WTF I pulled in.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2013

• My grandfather fished all the time and spent every winter down in Florida. I did some when I was a kid visiting, but I never enjoyed it since I hate eating seafood. I never baited the hook or watched the cleanings. Blech.

The most interesting thing I remember catching was a blowfish.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2013