diaper rash?

So yesterday my DD got this horrible diaper rash out of nowhere. Today it actually bleeds (a tiny bit) when i change her. So far i have done warm baths, oatmeal baths, desitin, a&d ointment, frequent changes and let it air out after each diaper change for 10 or so minutes. Im not using wipes on it im using warm wash cloths andi was wondering if any of you ladies had any other tricks up your sleeves to help soothe her poor red bum?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 10:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go buy bag balm. works like a charm
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• destin over night and keep her clean and if you want i would let her go with out a diaper for awile how old is she
    Anonymous

• I had this too, it is horrible when it bleeds, desitin works well, keep area dry it could be due to acid, if you mix juce in food use water for a while
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• she is only 8 months. i have been letting her air dry each time
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It sounds like you are doing everything you can. I have heard of people burning cornstarch in a pan and using that. I have not used it so I don't know if it works. Maybe a dr could prescribe stronger ointment. Sorry I wasn't more help. The poor baby. Bless her heart!!
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 10:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I love using boudreauxs butt paste, works wonders. If this persist with everything your doing though after a couple days it may be a yeast infection and he will need to see his pedi.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• hm? what are the differences between diaper rash and yest infection
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• oh one more thing....she is teething like whoa right now, i can feel a serious bump seems its about to break any day can that be a cause?
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Could be a yest infection. See your doc and get an rx for Nystatin if it is in fact yeast. It works wonders!!!!
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 10:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I work in a daycare and from what I could tell yeast infections do look like bad diaper rashes. The only way I know the difference is when I am doing all the things you are doing now for about 3 or 4 days with no improvement. If you are seeing improvement then its probably just a diaper rash.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009