4 weeks pregnant & had a little brown discharge. Should I be concerned?

I just posted a question and forgot to mention this. I didn’t have brown discharge with my first pregnancy so I’m a bit worried. Is this ok? Has this happened to you? I was supposed to start my period either today or tomorrow, so I’m wondering if it could just be old blood.

I’m in the process of being approved for insurance, so I’m unable to go to the doctor just yet, so any information will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

IvyRhiann

Asked by IvyRhiann at 11:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• not old period, as you are pregnant
    but COULD be implantation bleed
    if stays brown and just a spot or when you wipe, nit alarming
    but if red or heavy like a period or close- then have to call doctor
    if you had insurance and a doctor, i would suggest you call
    take it easier than normal and call as soon as you have a doctor

i had this, first doctor said implantation - "nothing to worry about sweetie, just part of pregnancy"
    then i bleed more, went in and saw different doctor as mine was not in
    this doctor scanned me (external no internal)
    this doctor found i had placenta previa 100% and said " you will bleed again, if heavy i will take the baby, if heavier , i will have to give you a hysterectomy"
    i found a third doc after that, he agreed placenta previa 100%, planned me for c section (and i was only 20 weeks along)
    glad the first doc was not in when i went in a 2nd time, she was not seeing the issue
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• and rethink having anything up in there including any sex until you get checked out
    when you do see a doctor, let them know about blood and ask for external scan before anything internal

IF placenta issue, anything internal could harm this pregnancy

BUT.. most likely nothing (chances are in your favor)
    no way anyone even a medical professional can tell you on a computer
    HAVE to see a doctor

good luck
    and congrats on the baby coming
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I retract my comment on your other post. Extreme low back pain + brown spotting is a LOT different than just low back pain. You need more than just some possible extra lumbar support.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• This needs to all be added together:

4 weeks pregnant & extreme lower back pain!

I didn’t have this with my first pregnancy. What does this mean & should I be concerned?

Any suggestions on what can help with this pain while at work (desk job) then at home? The only thing that’s been helping at home is a warm bath. It definitely doesn’t help that I have a 16 month old little boy to chase when I get off of work.

Thanks in advance!!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Call your doc! The insurance will back pay your doc visit! So don't let that b the reason you don't call... Also brown is usually ok but if there is any bright red blood or a heavy flow call your doc ASAP as for the lower back pain I can't really give you any advice sorry :( good Luck on your pregnancy
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I agree; call your doctor. Worry about the insurance later. Pain with blood of any color isn't a very good thing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• this with your other post changes things

see doctor today

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I called the doctor I saw for my last pregnancy and he wasn't worried at all. He said unless there's an excessive amount of discharge or it's red then I shouldn't worry. My cramps only occurred yesterday, and I the brown discharge only occurred yesterday as well. (May be TMI, but I of course have been peeing more than usual and only 2 times yesterday I noticed the smallest bit of discharge.) It wasn't dark brown, it was more of a tan color.

I've decided I'm just not going to worry. Whatever happens is meant to be! :)
    IvyRhiann

Comment by IvyRhiann (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• No need to worry.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• dont worry ive had this problem my whole pregnancy. Just worry if its red.
    Amber94

Answer by Amber94 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2013