• In the Spotlight:

I file my nails very short, since I had my baby..becouse I'm afraid to scrach him:)

Do you?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope
    Anonymous

• yes because i have scratched him across his face before even when they weren't that long.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• YES! Can't tell you how many times I've accidentally scratched one of the kids. In fact, I managed to poke my toddler in the eye once trying to grab him before he dove off the couch. It actually scratched his eye and left a little blood spot in the white of it for a few weeks, scared the bejesus out of me I've had no nails since!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I did at first because my nails grew so fast while I was pregnant... I cut them off when I accidentally pinched him with them while changing his diaper :( I let them grow now that he's 5 months and his skin not as delicate but without all the hormones, my nails are so weak they break off by themselves...
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Nope. I bite them very low because it's just a bad habit lol. My friend took me to go get acrylics with her and I realize what a pain it is to have long nails with a baby! My poor kid was trapped in his car seat for about 5 minutes until a figured a way to get him out lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009