Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have power of attorney/guardianship of our grandson but receive no finacial support for him, he has medicaid. was wondering if he would qualify for free or reduced lunches

Answer Question

Asked by NeenaK at 12:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • almost certainly. goto the local schools website for food services

    Answer by hibbingmom at 12:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • Contact the school he attends or check their website

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • Yes he should. His school's office should have applications.

    Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • Very likely. It won't hurt to apply.

    Answer by Ballad at 1:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • It would depend on the total income of your household

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • Have to ask the school.

    Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • Dard is correct. It's based on YOUR income
    Why not just pack him nutritious lunches from home?
    How are you feeding him now? Are you strapped for cash for food because you have him?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • yes he does

    Answer by smiley745 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • Should. All you can do is apply at his school and see what happens. They should be able to tell you almost immediately.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

  • if you're income is low enough, yes.

    Answer by okmanders at 12:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.