Why does my ecig make me congested all of a sudden?

Quit regular cigarettes a while ago and I strictly vape. I got a new battery and cartridges but I'm using the same juice I always have. However, I now get almost allergy symptoms since I started this new set up. Congestion, for the most part but sometimes sneezing.

I can't figure it out unless it's something in the cartridge? Any of you who vape ever have this issue?

Not clue what category to put this in

Mrs_Prissy

Asked by Mrs_Prissy at 5:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• LOL, it very well may be the weather? I have had itchy eyes, runny nose for the past 2 weeks, I am going to google it and see what I find, good for you for quitting smoking! Does it take away all of the cravings?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I didn't really have any issues quitting as far as cravings or withdrawal goes. You still get the nicotine but you don't get any of the other crap they put in regular cigarettes. My lungs cleared out for about two weeks (I'd smoked for 30 years) and that was miserable but, beyond that, I haven't really looked back.

I only get the congestion when I vape so I'm thinking there is some connection but I could be wrong.
    Mrs_Prissy

Comment by Mrs_Prissy (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I'd vote weather, too, because the same thing is going on here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• DH and DS both vape and have been for a good while. DH has started coughing. Why? because it is the change of the seasons and his sinuses react to the change. DS doesn't have that problem and has no symptoms. He has been vaping about 6 months longer than DS.
    I don't know if that helps.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Hmm. It has been very hot and muggy. Maybe it IS the weather.
    Mrs_Prissy

Comment by Mrs_Prissy (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Are there more than one kind of brand of vapors? I just googled and it says that if you change cartridges you might have coughing or sinus like infection, and if it continues more than a week to stop, but I am telling you, I have been blowing my nose for the past 2 weeks due to the weather?
    Good luck.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Do you change flavors? Maybe there's something in the flavoring that you're allergic to? Like a food allergy?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2013