They just don't make em like they used to..

After watching a mind numbing hour of Lab Rats on Disney XD I switched it to 7th Heaven and man, they just don't make movies like they used to.
On Lab Rats the one kid had to take those plastic babies home for health and he named the baby Shut Your Cry Hole. While I got quite the laugh out of this and started to rethink my name choices I thought, that's also kind of messed up.
What happened to the good shows like 7th Heaven, Boy Meets World, Full House, who's the Boss etc. Now all the shows are about pregnancy, sex, drug use and disrespectful brats.

What were some of your favorite shows when you were growing up, or when your children were younger?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 5:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2013 in Entertainment

• Little house on the prairie
    Cosby show( I still watch it)
    Punky Brewster
    Blossom
    Brady Bunch
    Who's the Boss
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Now I'm thinking"....

Alf
    A team
    Family ties
    Growing pains
    Different Strokes
    Charles in charge
    Facts of life
    Silver spoons

PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I grew up with great shows like: Emergency 51, All in the Family, Bewitched, Bob Newhart Show, Brady Bunch, Dallas (the orig. one), Dukes of Hazzard, Facts of Life, Good TImes, Happy Days, I Dream of Jeanie, Jefferson's, Laverne & Shirley, Love Boat, Maude, The Muppet Show, The Odd Couple, Sanford & Son, Taxi, Welcome Back Kotter & WKRP In Cincinnati.

On Saturday mornings it was Looney Tunes (the orig)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Oooh, MASH too. How could I forget Mash!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Mork and Mindy too. :)
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• MASH was my favorite, by far. I also liked Cosby and Family Ties. We didn't even have a TV at home till I was almost done with elementary school, and then it was just a portable black-and-white job that my parents kept in the closet unless they felt there was something worth dragging it out for. Football, mostly. So TV was mostly a treat we had at Grandma's house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• We opt to watch full house every night.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I wasn't really a television watcher when I was young. Too much life out there to live :) But I'm old. As an adult I liked MASH, Star Trek: Next Generation, XFiles, Hercules and Xena were big in our house too.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• knight rider original
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I think pretty much any show from the mid-nineties backward is better than anything on today. I have shows I like from today, but those old shows are just so good. Sometimes a bit cheesy, but good. I was watching an old MacGyver last night - it was so weird watching it, it was from 1990 and things were just so different. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2013