Chapter 13 bankruptcy

Have you been through one,?

Ever hear of a payment being raised 2 years into it.?

If you follow your plan to the t per the lawyer is there any chance they could screw up and you loose your home in the end?

We are in one, they already take over half our pay and we realize we need to pay it but now they are raising the payment over 100 per month.

I am afraid at the end of our 60 months they are going to screw us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2013 in Money & Work

• Call your lawyer who handled the bankruptcy. I thought once the terms were agreed upon, they had to take the amt. the court ordered.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• You need to contact the lawyer. I've been through it twice and it was never a concern that we would lose our home so long as we continued to pay on it. If you didn't include it in the bankruptcy because you were still going to make payments there shouldn't be an issue. I have no regrets from mine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• The lawyer is the one saying we have to raise the payment or we won't be done within them60 months and we don't get a discharge, we owe a balance at the end. I just thought it was their job to have the numbers and Ll that before we signed a plan, we will do what we have to but whatmgoodmis a bankruptcy if your going to be homeless in the end because you can't afford a lump sum they didn't plan for. Oh well
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Can you change it to a Ch. 7? You can still keep your home w/ a Ch. 7 but still be able to eliminate all unsecure debts like credit cards & medical bills.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• why is it being raised?

we are in one now- 3 1/2 yrs in and 1 1/2 to go. Our payments have been th same since we had it done- we have not missed any
    we also gave up the house in it...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• It can happen. I would suggest that you contact the lawyer who handled your case.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2013