Where do I post this? I was having sex before 5. adult content

My earliest recollection was about 5 years old, definitely before turning 6.

Granted, this was with 6, 7, and 8 yr old same-sex cousins, but nonetheless, totally inappropriate. I remember having the discussion every time we had a sleepover as to who would get to be the boy on top and who would get to be the girl on bottom.

I have no idea where it started. I just remember going to long about 2nd grade, thinking it was normal? Maybe 3rd? I did have one girl friend in K-2nd grade I did this with, but her parents were TOTALLY the kind of people to have sex on the couch in front of anyone and everyone who walked in. Nasty.

Is this a common thing for people? Or is this something I might need to consider getting therapy for? I just got to thinking about it, and now, I can't stop mulling it over. I don't know if I should take responsibility and try to apologize, but I honestly don't think I ever initiated or necessarily approved of it, I just went along to get along, and never really thought about whether it was right or wrong.

It's surely done a number on my self-esteem over the years, I always worried I would end up being denied by my family if I turned out to be lesbian over the whole ordeal... I NEVER deviate from what society deems normal for the sake of this coming out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• So.....like dry humping each other?
    This isn't as odd as it seems

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Or is this something I might need to consider getting therapy for?

^^^^ YES PLEASE!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• It went farther than dry humping after a couple times... I mean, is dry-humping naked what you're talking about? It's totally weird to think about... But I'm almost positive the whole idea stemmed from my oldest cousin and her parents' relationship.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Is that even dry-humping? LOL

I think of dry-humping as what my husband does in someone's direction to tease them out of being ornery.. LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I don't know what good this is doing "mulling" over this. I guess it's something to keep in the back of your mind to look for with your kids.
    I would say you should consider therapy.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Counseling is what you need.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Therapy. Today.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Kids experiment. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
    If you are ok with your sexuality, and don't feel like you were abused (sounds it was more like "playing"), then I wouldn't think much more about it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I don't think it's normal. I don't know what to suggest other than cou selling for the self esteem thing and explore with your therapist if this has something to do with that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Oh, and instead of putting it in Just For Fun, it might go better in Relationships.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2013