Hello, My 6 year old daughter is obsessed with marriage after going to daycamp & they had 2 characters marry (x& y). eversince, she only plays marriage; the makes everything veils and long dresses.

she even convinced and managed to make her friends play the same when they meet! PLEASE HELP and inform me how to remove this thing out of her mind. We used to ask her what do u want to become when u grow up and she would reply' a doctor' but now 'a bride'.

nancy197811

Asked by nancy197811 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Relax, it's just a phase she is going through. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• It's a phase. Relax.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I think it's a pretty normal phase. It's part of playing house. Give it time, she'll find something else to occupy her time. Just think, it could be worse! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I was a kid once. Next week it will be something different. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Kids are fickle, this will pass eventually, you just have to ride it out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• I agree with other mom's: it's just a phase. I remember doing the same when I was a kid. I even remember "getting married" in the school yard once.

If she starts trying to act out the wedding night, that's when you should get concerned.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• The more you stress it the more important it will become. It will pass if you let it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Sounds normal to me. My five-year-old set up a "table for two" the other night when we were having frozen pizza together and asked me to marry her. It was pretty cute; I wondered where in the world she got it from.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• seems pretty normal- I was into that at that age too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2013

• Are you worried she's going to elope sometime soon lol? It's just a phase. Let her play.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2013