What do you think is the appropiate weight for a woman who is 5'2

I am 23 years old and I have one child age six and I weigh 130lbs I thought it was normal but now that I have read about all these women who are 5'6 ,140lbs trying to go to 130 I am thinking that maybe I should skip a meal or two. figurativly speaking? lol sorry for the spelling !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• I'm 24, 5'2 and weigh 134 and I look great if I do say so myself. However I work out constantly and have a lot of muscle...I *look* thinner now than when I actually weighed less in my teens just because I'm in shape now.

But I can tell you since we have pretty much the same stats that according to the Body Mass Index calculator that the doctors use, 130 is a perfectly healthy and normal weight to be at for your height.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• How do you feel - that is the important question. Do you have enough energy, do you take care of yourself, are you fit? It doesn't really matter what the scale says as long as you are not unhealthy and overweight. I don't think what you described is overweight. I am 5"5' and am working to get back to 140 after having 3 children. I am focused on fitness more than weight though.
    Mindy-KidCentri

Answer by Mindy-KidCentri at 11:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm 5'2 and weigh 107. I don't like to be more than this.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think everyone is different. . . I'm 5'2 but with a very small frame with very small boobs, so my "ideal" weight is closer to 100 lbs. But I have a sister that is 5'3 and at 100lbs she looks like a skeleton, her ideal weight is 110-115. . . so if you feel great, and u think u look great. . . then don't worry about it, in my opinion that and what ur hubby thinks is really all that matters.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 12:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2009