Can someone suggest a sticker chart for my 4 yr old, or show me?

I have had a few friends show me theirs, but it was confusing to me, can't imagine a 4 yr old understanding it. Any advice would be much appreciated thank you!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe pick 4 things she could do daily, and do it for a week at a time. If she fills her chart for the week, she gets (a small toy, a dollar, a trip to the park, whatever motivates her)
    If she doesn't fill it, then you start over again next week.

Use pictures if you can (rather than reading becoming frustrating). Put her picture on it at the top, then if she's to feed the cat, put a pic of the cat and the food, followed by spaces for her 7 days of stickers. Or make her bed, a pic of the neatly made bed, etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I'd just do a large grid. She gets a sticker for XYZ and when the grid is full, she gets reward ABC.

I doesn't have to be complicated at all.

I copied a calendar template for Powerpoint. I enlarged the squares and posted it on the wall for my son to see. When he went all day without a potty accident (this was a few years ago now), he got a sticker. If he had a potty accident I'd draw in a sad face. Once he went 10 days consecutive he got to ride the ferry and get ice cream on the other side.

He went 3 days, had an accident, went 7 days, had an accident, then got his ice cream 10 days later.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I made one and my kid hated it.

I just wrote things she could do in rows that could have stickers put on them.

Pick up toys
    Feed pets
    No crying
    Helped mommy
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2013

• My daughter's nanna made a sticker chart for us to use, similar to Staci's, but it didn't go over well in our house because I tried having my daughter help me put up the stickers and it became more trouble than it was worth for both of us. Using coins has worked better; they get taken away for specific behaviors like whining, arguing, and having hissy fits. They get randomly given for good behaviors like picking up toys without protesting, or being especially polite.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Do you mean earning a sticker for chores or good behavior?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes PGA
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2013

• TY PGA!! I like that idea a lot thank you!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2013