Is it normal to bleed every time i forget my birth control pill..

Every time I forget my birth control pill for a day, I start bleeding, sometimes heavy, like a period.. and it takes up to 3 days of taking pills to get bleeding to stop. (I forget my pill quite often.. I am quite forgetful)

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 1:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in Health

• It's more common if you're using a mini pill but some women do have breakthrough bleeding even after missing one pill.

Have you given some thought to an alternate form of birth control that you wouldn't have to take daily?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I don't think it is(but I don't have a lot of experience with BC pills)....but I know that it isn't protecting against pregnancy if you are missing it....so whats the point?(unless you are taking it for medical reasons but then it still won't be working well lol).

Perhaps you should try something different that you don't have to take everyday?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes, it is normal because your body thinks that you've stopped for the cycle and goes straight into "period mode". Have you considered the patch or the ring if you're forgetful?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• With some versions of the pill it will happen even if you take it faithfully. Sounds like the pill is not a good option for you.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• banging head into wall

You are apparently not responsible enough for daily birth control. See your doctor about an differnt method.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2013