Another fabulous Pat Robertson moment... so great that apparently, CBN even edited out his remarks on the version they posted and took the video down!

Pat Robertson Claims Gays Transmit HIV by Cutting With Rings

Christian televangelist and former presidential candidate Pat Robertson said gay men in San Francisco try to transmit HIV intentionally by cutting people with rings when they shake hands, Right Wing Watch reports. He made his remarks on The 700 Club, which is produced by his Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) and airs on ABC Family. 

“You know what they do in San Francisco, some in the gay community there they want to get people so if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger,” Robertson said. “Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.” 

His remarks were made at the end of a segment in which he was responding to a question from a woman about AIDS. CBN edited his remarks out of the version it posted online. CBN had the original YouTube clip of his remarks taken down, but click here to watch The Huffington Post version.

In a statement to clarify his remarks, Robertson said: “In my own experience, our organization sponsored a meeting years ago in San Francisco where trained security officers warned me about shaking hands because, in those days, certain AIDS-infected activists were deliberately trying to infect people like me by virtue of rings which would cut fingers and transfer blood … [M]y remarks [weren’t] meant as an indictment of the homosexual community or, for that fact, to those infected with this dreadful disease.” 

To read the article, click here.

To read the statement, click here.

********

taken from here:  http://www.poz.com/articles/pat_robertson_1_24450.shtml

***** HOW is he even still on tv? HOW do they even HAVE viewers anymore?! ...truly disturbing that he in fact IS still on tv, and they apparently DO still have people who listen to and believe what he says

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 2:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in Religious Debate

• i like to pretend that all of his viewers are really really old and half senile...they arent, but it makes it easier not to hate humanity.

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• He is one of the biggest whackadoos walking this planet
    After I saw the one where he told the lady if she was a better wife,her husband wouldn't cheat on her (and for her to forgive his transgressions) I seriously started believing he's suffering from dementia

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• ...wow...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• LOL some may remember years ago the needle in the movie seats scare.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Wow.... just wow.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I despise that man. He is one of the most hate-filled human beings I've ever run across. One of the poorest decisions I ever made in my life was, in my young and dumb days, sending him money. I wish I could take it back on principle--what captivated me back then was the "Operation Smile" thing where the 700 Club sent doctors to fix cleft lips for kids in poor countries. I quit sending in my monthly pledge right before the whole Y2K thing, when he said he'd be converting all of "his" cash to gold bouillon and hiding out in his vacation cabin. I figured since I barely had two nickels to rub together, I didn't need to contribute to his bouillon stash. The 700 Club called me, threatening to send me to collections over my unfulfilled ten-dollar-a-month pledge, and I told them to go right on ahead and do it. I never heard from them again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I did not know he was still alive.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2013