What would you have done?

I went to Target tonight and when I was leaving there was a container of cat litter that someone had obviously bought but lost. It looked like it rolled off the bottom of the cart. I said we should bring it in to the customer service desk and DH said we should take it. We have two cats and yes I could use the litter but I felt like that was wrong. He said it was paid for so its not technically stealing. What would you have done? Oh and we did end up taking it but its still bothering me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you seen the person drop it, then the right thing to do would be to get her attention so she could get it. But in your case with it there and noone around to claim it, I would take it. If not someone else would. And I doubt she would actually go in walmart asking for her cat litter lol. The costomer service would probably just go put it back on the shelf anyway.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would have taken it to customer service.. the person that lost it could have needed it more than you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I probably would have just left it there.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would have definently let the person know if I would have seen them drop it but it was like in the middle of the parking lot. If someone wouldnt have been looking they could have run over it. DH tried to justify it by saying it was a small container and it was off brand anyway so its not like they spent that much money on it. But I was nervous about it and wanted to return it.
    Anonymous

• Well if I had seen who dropped it then I would have tried to get their attention BUT in any other case well I guess its finders keepers right?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i totally woulda snatched it up!! unless i saw it fall from the person, then id tell them..but..if noone was around then HELLZ YA i'm gonna take it!!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I would have taken it back into the store. The person who bought it might come back to the store to get it. Who knows!!
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I would have taken it back to the store as well. If the person who purchased the cat litter is like me... I would be calling the store to let them my purchase wasn't with me when I got home and if it was there... I would be driving back to get it.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 12:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009