Do you write a teacher letter the 1st week of school?

if yes what do you include? IE childs strengths, weaknesses, etc

I'd seen a really cool "format" for a simple one online (pintrest maybe?) but forgot to bookmark it ... it looked like something I wanted to try this year

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When we went to orientation she had a little worksheet asking his strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, nicknames if any, what we like to do together. I did send her an email ahead of time, just to introduce myself and give her my email address for future references.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I never heard of this. It sounds like a good idea. I did wrie to my daughter's teacher last year and this year, asking her to send home any important questions by e-mail so I would be sure to get them. It seems like there's half a tree worth of papers in her backpack, and I didn't want to miss anything important in the shuffle. But it wasn't any more of an introduction than that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Nope, I volunteer and all of teachers know me & my kids. I email regularly with them.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• here's a cute template

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Usually here the Teacher sends a letter home for you to fill out. Family members names, pets, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, what you want your child to accomplish this year, Birthday etc.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Wish I had thought of it, haha. Guess his 12th day of school is too late to send one.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I don't usually, but I do admit that I wrote to my daughter's 4th grade teacher last year. Mostly because I was hearing from my daughter that her teacher was yelling at her and singling her out. So I wrote her a letter asking how Rylie was doing in that first week of school and she wrote back telling me that Rylie was such a joy. I was so confused, so then I had to meet her. Come to find out she was fussing at everyone, basically laying down the law. My daughter is sensitive to feeling singled out, so when the teacher was fussing at other kids, my daughter was taking it personally.

I may write to my daughter's 5th grade teacher this year (she's already in her second week of school) because I haven't met her. There are no problems, but I want to meet her and let her know that I'm available to help.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Sure. Send her anything that's on your mind that may be beneficial to her ability to better teach your child.

I have a little boy in S.S. at Church and I kinda wish his mom would send me a note about his strengths and weaknesses...I may just have to go talk with her......waiting...
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 7:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2013