• In the Spotlight:

Do you think a women is irresponsible for having more than 5 kids?

Whether or not she can afford them... just in general. do you think she's irresponsible? With what? her health? the health of her other children (attention and such? Over Populating the earth?...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she can afford them, love them equally, and be a good mother. no. When people have children that they can't afford or give equal attention to and love equally, etc then it is irresponsible.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not if she has the resources to care for more than 5 kids. I am not talking Duggar style "let my kids raise my other kids" either!
    abarnes6

Answer by abarnes6 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No I don't think it's irresponsible.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No if she can handle it and afford it go for it.. plus God gave her those babies obviously for a reason
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Read the Book Be fruitful and Multiply if you are worried about over populating the earth. If you put every int he state of texas that lives in US we would all fit
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• God doesn't "give" people babies, God made people to biologically reproduce.
    abarnes6

Answer by abarnes6 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My sister is a SAHM to 7 kids. No multiples, 7 separate pregnancies. Ranging from 16 to 6 months. All of them are healthy and well balanced. Do I think shes irresponsible, NO! Do I think shes crazy? Oh hell yea. But her kids have food, clothes, and extras (ipods, video games, etc). She is not on any welfare, food stamps, wic. Yes they have their struggles but they make it work.
    tgiamt

Answer by tgiamt at 11:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Nope. I know lots of women who have more than five kids, and to be honest those kids are the most well-adjusted kids that I know. They're an absolute joy to be around and work with. If you can raise them like that, I don't think it's irresponsible at all!
    busyizzybsmom

Answer by busyizzybsmom at 11:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I hope to have at least 5, and I don't think it's irresponsible. There are many people who have only 1 child that aren't even responsible for that one. Every situation is different.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Having children you cannot even begin to provide for (I'm not talking about a tight budget, I'm talking about literally NO food to put in their mouths and NO clothes for their backs) is irresponsible regardless of the number of children. For me, that includes being able to provide adequately for each child, being able to give them each tools to begin life on their own (eventually. i.e. college, a car etc.) and treat each child the same. If my husband and I had a lifestyle where we did not have time to spend with our children, I would not have loads of kids that I couldn't spend time with. For us, three would probably be the limit to best financially and emotionally support them based on what we as a couple are able to do. If we ever win the lottery and can retire early, I'd gladly have as many kids as nature would allow lol.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009