Workplace drama

This red head female that I work with has been trying to intimidate for months now. She purposely brush against me if we are walking pass each other. She stares at me with this devilis look and up until two days ago I was igoring her. She always laughs and giggle when I walk past and she is never by herself. She is always with one of her two buddies. So twqo nights ago when we were leaving work I was walking down the stairwell and her and one of her friends were walking behind. She (the redhead) starts stomping down the stairs as if she was in a marching bacd. It was so loud and very stupid.

I wear 5inch heels almost everyday so when I walk down the stairs of course you are going to hear a clicking sound. Her stomping like that behind me was her way of mocking me. That pissed me off. I never bother anyone and she always doing something. She is a permanat employee and i am only temporary. I finally went to our supervisors about it and they said "sweep it under the rug". She told them that I am the one that always glares at her. It is really childish. I am 24 years old and she has to be in her late 20s. I have a child and no time for non sense. This lady bumped into me on 3 different occasions and they were on purpose. I am so sick of this but I don't want to lose my job. I dont know what else to do. I really want to knock her ass out but I know she is not worth it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• This sucks but I have to say that you treat workplace bullies the same way as you treat bullies everywhere...ignore/ignore/ignore
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Let it go. It all sounds pretty trivial, to tell you the truth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Damn those redheads- they have No Soul!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• This is not meant to be offensive but is it necessary to wear such high heals in the workplace?
    Please do not get me wrong as long as you do your job and are dress appropriately, I don't care, but if this is the crux of the problem, you may wish to bring your heals down abit and avoid the stress.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Leave the hooker heels at home, really you expect to be taken seriously?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Well all of my heels are not 5 inches but I do wear heels everyday. I am probably the only woman here that dress up and wear heels everyday. It is a very laid back office but I like to dress up. I am not the only one who she try to intimidate. From what I hear she do it to all temps especially if their numbers are higher than hers. Which is totally stupid but you know how some people can be. I have been ignoring her but I shouldnt have to come to work everyday and be harrassed by her or anybody else. That is not approprate is it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• It's not appropriate at all but it is what it is. I work in a healthcare setting and it has been horrible at times but I haven't had a lot of recourse.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Forgive my typos
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Contact your temp service and tell them to find you something else. In the meantime, IGNORE this person.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• And please consider this: If you're too dressed up in a laid-back office, it can be as bad as showing up in a t-shirt and torn jeans. Make sure you fit the culture. It can make the difference between a permanent and a temp job.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2013