Mommy Blues

I have a 5 month old lil girl and am about 1 1/2 pregnant. I'm at home all day every day. My husband and I don't have alot of money and live far from the city. I don't work and the only interaction I ever have with anyone is my mother and grandmother. I'm 22! I'm going nuts and I need a friend....that sounds pathetic. lol But my husband likes to go to the bar for a little while once in awhile and I'm ok with that..he has alot of friends and family there.....but I'm a lil resentful sometimes that I'm always taking care of the baby and never have any fun. He says I need to go out and get hobbies but where?...I don't know...does anyone else have any problems like this?...guess I just need to hear from someone like me....or to talk to someone......Thanks.

DixiesMama

Asked by DixiesMama at 11:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a 2 year old and am prego. I was working because I was feeling that way. But since I got preg I quit and have been feeling like a bum sitting at home all day. My hubby is in the military so we live far from family and I don't have many friends around here. Its hard. I depend on the net to keep me sain and one my best friend here. If you ever need to talk I'm here.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am the same way. I have no friends and my life is my kids. My problem is I am too shy and I have a hard time letting anyone see the real me. I hate it and don't know how to stop the cycle. I hope you can figure out the secret and let me in on it.
    Anonymous

• Find a babysitter and maybe go out to the bar with your hubby and have some yummy virgin drinks. You're not showing yet so you won't look out of place. I know you can't make that a habit though. As far as hobbies, I don't know what's around your area...it sounds challenging the way you put it. But keep looking, there's got to be something. And no, you are not pathetic! I'd be coming apart at the seams too. Good luck.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sorry to hear that you are a little miserable! I know what it is like to stay home with a baby and be pregnant too. Some adult conversation is very important. Hopefully you can find some online. I would suggest you have your husband stay home with the little one while you go somewhere - probably not the bar, but I'm sure there are other places you could go. Does your town have a mommy and me class or a coffee group. Maybe a local church has a women's group you could join. Good luck! Maybe just take a nice bath and read a book while hubby takes care of LO.
    Mindy-KidCentri

Answer by Mindy-KidCentri at 11:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm 22 with a 2 year old and a baby being born next thrusday. My husband works and I stay at home all day everyday. It is difficult! My hubby doesn't go out much but definitly more than I do, and he gets to go to work! lol, not that he thinks thats a good thing. If you would like to talk send me a message. I completly understand how you are feeling, congratulations on the new baby, and hang in there.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I feel the same way. My DH moved me to a town where I knew no one. It's been a little over a year and I've only made a few friends. I haven't been able to find a job either. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and am stuck at home with 3 dogs for "company." My DH works a lot of hours and likes to hang out at work with the guys after they close and have a couple drinks. He doesn't understand that I want and need human-adult conversation, too. If you want to talk, please feel free to message me.
    KWest127

Answer by KWest127 at 4:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Its hard being a young mama sometimes! Are yall military by any chance?

Also, if yall dont have a lot of money, your hubby doesnt need to be going out to the bar, especially if yall have a baby and another baby on the way, he has more important things to be spending his money on now!

Try looking to see if there is a MOMS club or a MOPS program in your town, just do a google search with your zip and MOMS or MOPS and see what comes up!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009