Would you go talk to the teachers.

Dd is in first grade. This is day 3 and she's crying AGAIN.

Yesterday she was in the wrong. She was talking so the teacher made her stand in the corner on the front of the class.

Today she was accused of taking another students book. She told the teacher, "I didn't do it." teacher then told her to not talk back and she can't go to recess for the next week.

I'm a little shocked. Dd is far from perfect,but I've never heard her talk back before. She is a really polite little monster, lol

And, is defending yourself from accusations considered talking back??

My SO thinks I shouldn't go up there. I think I should go find out Wth is going on. Dd had no disciplinary issues last year. And here we are two in a row in the first week.

Would you go?

Asked by PandaGwen at 5:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would call or email and try to schedule a meeting with the teacher.

Answer by 3libras at 5:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes, I would.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Oh yeah
    If this is not normal for her,you bet I'd be demanding a meeting

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yup I sure would

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Absolutely. I would go on the premise that things have not gotten off on the right foot & you would like to get to the bottom of things. Having involved parents is vital, & it will let the teacher know you are watching things closely, in case she may have overreacted. And IMHO, taking away recess for a whole week for standing up for yourself is a bit excessive. Even if she said it with a sneer, no one likes to be falsely accused. GL

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes I would go and see what's going on! No recess for a week is a lil harsh in my opion. And did they find the other students book in your dds possion? If not then how do they no she took it? Also no I would not consider that talking back!

Answer by rachel216 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• According to dd the classmates book was in her book bin, which is right next to the classmates bin. Dd thinks the classmate accidentally put it in her bin.

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I would go. I also strongly believe that recess should be off limits for disciplinary purposes. They need recess

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes, I would schedule a conference with the teacher.

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I would schedule an appointment.
    This seems bit excessive to me.

Answer by Dardenella at 5:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2013