What to eat with Roasted potatoes and peppers.

I bought the potatoes(yukon) and bell peppers(all colors) on clearance so I needed to make them today. But now I don't know what to eat with them for dinner...I thought I had some couscous but apparently not. Don't really want to go to the store...no meat in house.

I have pasta and some other staples.

need some ideas.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Do you have eggs and tortillas? If so breakfast tacos!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Pasta with sauce or olive oil and herbs
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• You can always cut and freeze the peppers for a stir fry
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I was going to say chicken or pork but those are out. fried potatoes and omelets?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Thanks for the ideas guys, I do have tortillas, eggs and of course the pasta....so I have some options I didn't think about. Now to decide which lol
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• dice and fry in olive oil, start the potatoes 1st. Add some minced garlic or diced onions, crushed red pepper and whatever spices you like to the oil, fry potatoes on med-low heat for about an hour- flipping when needed- add peppers after about 40 minutes. When it is done, top with tuna mixed with Italian dressing/ cheese and broil. otherwise- do you have any leftover meat in the freezer ? you can add that about halfway through frying.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• yeah -I'd do omlets or something- you don't need pasta or rice with potatoes
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Italian sausage cut into chunks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I make a one-pan breakfast dish with fried potatoes, onions, peppers, then at the last scramble up some eggs to add in and throw in some cheese. Sometimes I put in bacon or sausage, but with the eggs and cheese, no meat is necessary.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• all of that sounds good. I ended up throwing it all in a tortilla with some lettuce and salsa.
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2013