Does anyone have an IUC? Is this normal?

So when i first got it last November, my period was really heavy, and would last about a week. Now it's not as heavy and i'll get it for about 4 days, with a two day break, then about 2-3 days of spotting. I don't know if that's normal, or if it takes a WHILE to regulate. I've also heard people say that you should be able to feel it? i can't...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• I think you meant to say IUD? I've had two in my lifetime and I think what you are describing is pretty normal, unfortunately. With my 2nd one, I had more cramping and spotting than I remembered having with the first (10 yrs before). But all of that went away after a few months and I've had no problems whatsoever since. I've had my current IUD in place for 3 yrs now. When people say you can feel it, they are talking about your "man" feeling it, not you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009