Did you cry on the first day of Kinergarten??

My oldest Archer is 5 1/2 and just started Kindergarten this week :( I cried the whole way there and the whole way home. I couldn't wait to go pick him up! Did you all cry when your little one went off to school?? I saw some moms who just dropped their kid at the gate and left.

Pay920

Asked by Pay920 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes, But I waited until I got in the car so he wouldn't see, same for today on his first day of 1st grade, waited until I got to the car haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes. When I was a kid, AND when I was a mom!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I didn't cry when my oldest entered kindergarten. We had both already adjusted to the general routine with having done preschool the year before, and I was in a rush to get to my own classes for the day.

With my youngest though I was bawling by the time I got back onto the street from the school's parking lot. He didn't do preschool, and he was my baby besides. It was tough.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• I didn't sob on the way there but I was tearing up. On the way back home I was balling my eyes out.
    Pay920

Comment by Pay920 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Nope, but he was in PreK so we were used to it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• No. I didn't cry when either started kindergarten.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Archer has never gone to day care, I work from home and he has always been with me for 5 1/2 years so dropping him off from 7:30- 2:30 was terrible! I will cry like a baby when my other boys go too but I don't think ill be as sad to see them all go. Archer was tough. Especially bc he was so brave and went and sat in his little desk. He didn't need me to stay with him or anything
    Pay920

Comment by Pay920 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Yes. I cried when all 3 of my kids started kindergarten. And then when all 3 of them started middle school. I cried when my daughter started high school. My middle child starts high school this year and my oldest starts her senior year of high school. I know I'm going to be bawling that day.

But these stages of life are necessary.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2013

• Heck NO

we never had babysitters - or family that took out kids so we were with them all the time (unless we were at work) until they went to school- so the day my daughter started Kindergarten was a very happy day...for both of us! There was no crying by me OR her
    when my son went, neither of us cried either.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2013