What do you read to your kids, and what ages are they?

What types of books, magazines, or other material do you read to your kids? Do you read fiction? Educational material? Dr. Suess? Dr. Phil? Dr. Dobson? News? Politics? The Bible? Fables? Folk Tales? Westerns? Novels? Poetry? What is their favorite thing to hear/learn about?

cmarielin

Asked by cmarielin at 11:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• my 5 year old love small childrens books like Dr.Suess my 6 + 9 year old like the chapter books. They really like Goosebumps but i alternate types like one goosebumps book then one old school like how to eat fried worms
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 11:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I started reading to my daughter as soon as she was born. When she was a baby and didn't understand I just read my books to her because she liked hearing my voice. Now that she is 2 I read Dr. Suess a lot because she loves those books.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well my daughter is only 5 months old but I read her everything. Ann Rice, Elizabeth Berg, Dr. Seuss, Beatrix Potter, The news paper,Nursery Rhymes, Cook books,Children's bible. I think reading to them since the time they are in the womb is so important. So DH and I try to read to her as much as we can each day.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 11:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My baby and I read. He is 6 months. I read and he licks the books LOL Good thing I have a lot of those plastic and hard back books for babies.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have read to my kids since they were in the womb . We read the usual kid books such as where the wild things are they have heard the harry potter series , We read current events in the paper, canterbury tales, legend of sleepy hollow and whatever I pick up . lol
    Briklin

Answer by Briklin at 3:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have always read to my daughter...when she was younger I would read to her whatever I was reading whether it was a magazine, book or cereal box. Now she is 6 and everynight we read a small children's book and a chapter from the Twilight series...She likes things like that...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• our son is 7 months old, and I have read to him since I found out i was pregnant.. we read all sorts of stuff.. Currently we read a page or two from the Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the Rings.. i read Clifford the big red dog, little miss helpful, i went to barnes and noble and bought him about 10 books, and then went to the second hand book stores and bought dozens more... i read him anything that appeals to me, or i think he will sit thru..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009