How long does a couple have to be married before you think...

"Oh wow. That is impressive"?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• 20 years?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• 10 years
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Forty years. There's a couple in my church that just celebrated sixty-seven, and that's mind-blowing to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• 30 years. I've seen so many marriages fall apart at 15 years, 20 years, even 25 years (after the kids leave). I think it's relatively easy to keep it together when kids are home to distract you. When kids are gone and it's just husband and wife, that's when it gets real.

Answer by missanc at 5:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• 20+ years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• I think anything over 40 is a great accomplishment....

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Till their last breath.

kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 8:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Quite a bit for me - my parents have been married for nearly 37 years, and my grandparents for 64 or 65 now, so it takes a lot to impress me. At the same time, though, certain individual couples can impress me with less. My best friend from high school and her husband have been married for 17 years, and that's impressive to me because they got married in high school while she was pregnant, so many would think the odds were stacked against them - but they've managed to fight their way through a lot of hard times and stay together and in love, so that is something I admire.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Honestly, with all the military weddings I have seen where after only knowing each other a month and then getting a divorce a year later because "he changed" I am impressed with the freakin 5 year mark!
    Honestly anything in the teens and up is a surprise and then the couples who have been together 40+ are like idols!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2013

• These days, 20+ years is impressive to me. And if either the husband or wife strikes me as particularly challenging, it can be as low as 10 and still be impressive.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2013