Headache for a week.

Can I take a 325mg asprin just once.. I can't take it anymore. I have no tylenol. And benadryl doesn't work like I was told. I'm 37 weeks if that helps any.

aztecqueen22

Asked by aztecqueen22 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor! Have you told him you have had a headache for a week? What is your Blood pressure like?

Don't take anything until you call your doctor and let him/her know.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Aspirin interferes with your blood's clotting action. As a result, taking aspirin during pregnancy — especially after 32 weeks — can contribute to maternal and fetal bleeding. Aspirin and ibuprofen can also cause the premature closure of a vessel in a baby's heart, which can lead to high blood pressure in the baby's lungs (pulmonary hypertension), and prolong labor.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/aspirin-during-pregnancy/AN01897

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• No
    Aspirin is not safe during pregnancy
    Go get some Tylenol,or do a cool compress,or take a nap

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• What about a 25mg promethazine? My general doc prescribed it before I dound out I was pregnant. When I told her I was she said it was safe but she seemed like she didn't know anything.. kept looking at her phone. She is the only doc I've ever seen that relied on their phone for info. I would buy tylenol but I can't.
    aztecqueen22

Comment by aztecqueen22 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• NO!!!!
    Aspirin makes you bleed. It thins the blood too much. Are you dehydrated? Lack of sufficient fluids can cause headaches. Headaches can be normal in early pregnancy but you also NEED to have your Blood Pressure checked ASAP. CALL YOUR DR NOW!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Try an orgasm.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Oh and naps don't help.. ill try the old cold wet towel lol. Btw what kind of headache is it.. the pain was on my left temple/side and eyes and the back of my head. Now it moved to front of head and forehead. Now its all of them.
    aztecqueen22

Comment by aztecqueen22 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• I'm hydratef. And I just saw my doc.. everything is fine.. I just forgot to mention the headache cuz I didn't have it at the time.
    aztecqueen22

Comment by aztecqueen22 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Call your Fucking doctor and stop trying to medicate yourself when you are pregnant.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether promethazine is harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether promethazine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. Older adults may be more likely to have side effects from promethazine. -drugs.com

Aspirin may be harmful to an unborn baby's heart, and may also reduce birth weight or have other dangerous effects. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine. --drugs.com

Get some Tylenol.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2013