GI think I am about to get fired. I posted the other day about workplace drama with the red head

I come in to work today and i have an email from my supervisor to come see him. He then asked me about our meeting the other night and how I felt after that. I told him I felt like the situation would get better, Then he said we will meet with the lady in HR at 4pm. And immediately I ask if I am going to be fired because of the petty situation. I didn't do anything to that girl but she went to Hr complaining about me. See she is just trying to get me fired. I am temp and she is perm. Why would I mess with her when I am easily dispososable compared to her being perm? I don't bother anybody. My supervisor said no but that is bullshit because why else will I have to meet with HR. He said because i am temp my temp agency would have given me a call sayng that I was fired. That is true but they are just trying to cover their ass so I don't sue for workplace harrassment. That bitch has been messing with me for months and i ignored her. The moment I bring it to a supervisor I am the one that is doing the harrassing? Crazy. I am a young black woman and she is older than me and white. I try not to do the whole race thing. But it is what it is. Because some people are still stuck on color. It is really sad. Pray for me ladies even though I am temp. I have a child and need what little money I am getting for now. Uggh I can't believe this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Money & Work

• I could also be that she just doesn't like you or she is a bitch....doesn't mean it is because of race.

HR could just want to talk to you to find a way to resolve the issue doesn't me you are going to get fired, wait and see before you freak out.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• And are you on Cafemom at work!? If so I hope it isn't on company computer as most have software that tracks what you do.

hopefully you are at lunch and on your phone or something lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• I hope everything turns out for the best.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Lol yes I am at work but there is nothing incrimnating on here. She don't like me and she bothers other people too! SHe was boasting about getting a guy fired last year
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Everybody told me to ignore her because she is evil. But I felt like I needed to go to a supervisor. Now she is trying to twist it and get me fired. It is really petty and ridiculous
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Actually, you'd be called before HR to get your testimony against the other person. From what I recall and what you write here, SHE is the one about to lose a job.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• What state are you in? Because if it's an at-will state, they only needed to call your agency and tell them you're done. It's close to impossible to sue in that case.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• No don't bring in the race thing because you yourself said she harasses anyone who is a temp. Race is now a convenient card for you to play but it isn't true and you know it.

How do you know that HR isn't there to simply mediate and try to bring some peace to the work place. I think you are jumping to conclusion and you are setting yourself up to look bad. Take a deep breath and try to be the reasonable one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• If you are on when you are supposed to be working that is reason enough for a reprimand.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• You're kind of stuck on looks, aren't you?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2013