Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get government aid for cutting my overly long grass?

The City cuts th grass in a lot of places and told me if mine did not get cut they would cut it.
Can I cut it and get paid for doing it?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Home & Garden

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • More likely they'll fine you.
    Get out your good scissors and get to work.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Nope. In fact, if they cut it for you then they will bill you. Likely at union rates.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • LOL! No they'll cut it then send you a bill.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Trim your bush while you're at it.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • They may cut it for you and either send you a bill for it, or I some cases file a lien on your property so they eventually get paid if and when you try to sell the house.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 4:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • What with these questions today??
    Of course not!

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • No- you are responsible for taking care of your own property. If the city does it, they will bill you for it. Our city does that for abandoned properties that have gotten out of hand.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Buy a goat.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

  • Yes the city would bill or place a lien,, This was a prank

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

Next question in Home & Garden
WYCT?! 3 adult content

Next question overall (General Parenting)
How do you handle eye rolling?