Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My trees are going to be cut because of the phone lines.

Can my husband trim them and send the City a bill?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Home & Garden

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • enough already. Are these questions suppose to mean something?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • N. If the city wants them cut, the city cuts them. That's what franchise fees are collected for on your phone & cable bills. It's the city's "right-of-way" to get to the poles and wires.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • No, the Town Employees get paid to do that. That's why you pay taxes (if you do that is).

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Go ahead.

    Just don't expect to have the city pay the bill.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Most cities are broke or at least strapped for cash. Highly doubtful that you will get reimbursed if you do it yourself.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • You can TRY, but I wouldn't expect them to pay.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Nope.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Nope

    Answer by DJDNY at 4:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • I thought the city did free of charge...?

    Answer by feralxat at 4:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

  • Nope. The city is under contract to pay certain employees or certain companies to do the work. Paying a private citizen would be a violation.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

Next question in Home & Garden
WYCT?! 3 adult content

Next question overall (General Parenting)
How do you handle eye rolling?