Vacation away from kids...

This august my fiance and I are going to Las Vegas for our 5 year anniv. My dad keeps telling me that it's going to be hard for me to leave them/be away from them. I keep thinking to myself yeah right...I'll be ready to go. I know I'm going to miss them, but I really need a break. We left my daughter when she was just a few months old and went to Cali for 3 days, and I did fine. So I'm thinking I'll be good again. Anybody else either miss their kids like crazy, or were glad to be away and have a break?

ShiasMom

Asked by ShiasMom at 11:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• We're going to Aruba for a week in May. I'll let you know how I do with leaving the kid's for a week. The usually spend atleast one night a week at my mother's house because of our work schedule, and sometimes it's three nights in a row, so i'm halfway used to it. But that's while we're working, not on Vacation.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm nursing so I'm not away from my daughter for more than maybe 2 hours and I still miss her terribly whenever I get home.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The one and only time we vacationed away from our kids (we had 2 and I was pg w/#3) was 5 years ago. I did miss them but not to the point where I couldn't function or wanted to leave early. It was the longest break we had from them ever. Now there is always someone at home. But as they grow, they actually want us to go away a little more (except for the 4 yr old.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My DD is 2. Im a SAHM so im with her non-stop practically. My inlaws come & take her for a few hours every Saturday & 1-2 times a month DD spends the night over there. I love every second. Sure I miss her & wonder what she is doing, but I enjoy myself & knowing she is having a blast with people i trust is even more enjoyable. its good for mom & babies to get breaks from each other!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• im a sahm and always have kids with me including dh's kids so total of 4. and every year on feb 23 -25th we go away no kids. my mom takes them and i do miss them and hope all goes well but at the same time i think i rarely get a break and i need this. a happy mom is a good mom lol. when i get back im more relaxed and calm and ready to deal with tamtrums and girls fighting. and i can tell you right now im counting the days...4 im leaving in 4 days..4.. just 4 more days..4..4..4..lol.. JUST 4 MORE DAYS.... so go and enjoy yourself.. your vegas....im foxwoods come on lucky 7's...mama needs a new pair of shoes...lol (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2009