Surgery..

having surgery in october.. i am going under soooooooooo should i tell my sons dad? or is it none of his business? i dont know..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Health

• If it were your kid, of course, tell him. Since it really has nothing to do with your kid, then it is your choice. I would because his dad and I have that kind of relationship. We have no problem letting each other know what is going on.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• My opinion depends on the state if your health and the nature of the surgery. Initially I would say its not something you need to share. If it is a survival issue, then he should probably have a heads up.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• It depends. Do you have a good relationship with him as far as you son goes? If so, you may want to let him know just in case. Who will be helping you with your son? Would it be better that your son stays with him while you have surgery and recover?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• if it's like a minor one- I wouldn't worry about it- but if it is something major then maybe you should at least let him know
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• I guess it depends on the seriousness of the surgery. Is it more or less minor or is this life threatening. (I know every surgery has the potential to be life threatening) It could depend on your relationship.
    I mean if you are having heart or kidney surgery and your odds are 50% or less it might be in nice thing to give him a heads up that he may be having custody if things go south. On the other hand if he is likely to put even more strain on you before, or after surgery, I would not tell him no matter what the odds.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• What kind of surgery if I may ask?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• If you have some kind of a serious health problem, the father of your child should probably be informed. If it's something routine like having your gallbladder out, the risks are pretty minimal and there's really no need to tell him if he isn't part of your support system. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• kinda, he lives out of state so its not like he see's his son often. and my parents, husband and sisters will be helping me with my son while i'm in surgery and for the following days that i will be in the hospital.. i dont know if its something i should talk to him about or just not tell him?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• I probably would, but mainly because I don't see why it should be kept a secret from anyone.

Good luck with your surgery.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• yeah i know... i dont know what sons dad and mom .. that aren't together etiquette is.. so i wanted to make sure thanks ladies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2013