Should I be worried or concerned?? adult content

Ok, so I had a baby 8 months ago, and got the Paragard IUD inserted 6 weeks after my baby was born. I haven't had a period since. Well, over the past few months, I've checked the strings, and have noticed that they have lowered/moved dramatically, and I feel like my uterus might be prolapsing as well.

Well, a week ago Wednesday, I started cramping really bad, and checked the strings, and noticed that I could feel the entire IUD. A day later, I started a really heavy period, and it's still going heavy. I go through a tampon every hour... I have a doctor appointment scheduled, but it's not until next Thursday.

I'm nervous and I'm just wondering if anybody else has gone through this, and if I should really be as worried as I am?

Sorry if this is tmi...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2013 in Health

• A tampon an hour? That's an ER visit..
    NOW.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Yes. So worried and concerned that you seek medical attention for your rapid blood loss. Come back later and tell us how it went.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• (Stop putting tampons in there you are going to get an infection)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• So you've been bleeding like a stuck pig for a week?! OMG,yes....ER!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• Use pads instead of tampons, and see how long it takes to go through one. If you go through four pads an hour, or one every fifteen minutes, you need to get to your emergency room.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2013

• This is an emergency. you need medical attention IMMEDIATELY!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I'd be seeking medical attention if I wasn't passed out on the floor from blood loss. I'm sure it's all related, but you should be calling your doctor at least. Preferably move your appointment up or go to an urgent care clinic.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• CM is not the place to reference when seeking medical advise. Call your hospital ER or your Dr.'s office. Tell them what is happening and they will advise you from there.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2013